Sunday, October 11, 2009

Deepika Padukone won’t gush about Ranbir

MUMBAI , India : Deepika Padukone won’t gush about Ranbir, The Mediterranean tan sits pretty on Deepika Padukone who has just returned from Italy where she wrapped up Sajid Nadiadwala’s Housefull with

I was in London, then Italy for the longest time, so I didn’t get to enjoy the success of my last film Love Aaj Kal,” says the pretty South Indian, her large brandy-coloured eyes dancing. She’s clear though that she now has to move on to her next two releases — Kartik Calling Kartik with Farhan Akhtar and Housefull, both of which will come in 2010. Deepika has also signed Pradeep Sarkar’s gritty thriller to be shot on the streets of Mumbai with Neil Nitin Mukesh. “Producer Aditya Chopra had promised me a film right after Bachna ae Haseeno,” she recalls. “I’m glad Adi remembered that.”

For now, she too has made a promise to herself — she’s a girl in love but she will not gush about Ranbir Kapoor. On a recent television show when she was asked to analyse her superstar-boyfriend, Deepika was very pragmatic in her answers. “I know that I was expected to gush about Ranbir,” she smiles. “However, I believe that people who are closest to a person, must always give them a reality check. I’m aware that Ranbir is a superstar. But, I will always be rational when I speak about him.

Deepika, who spent 12 days in Bhopal by her boyfriend’s side where he is shooting for Prakash Jha’s Rajniti with Katrina Kaif, says, “Ranbir and I have been away from each other for long spells because of our individual work schedules. Our career is of prime importance to us. However, I don’t wish to be one of those actors who is so caught up in work that I forget to keep in touch with life. Hence, I make it a point to spend time with him whenever I can. Work definitely makes my world go around but a short break here and there makes life so much more special.

The story goes that she flew to Bhopal just to keep Katrina at bay? “Certainly not,” says Deepika. And, though she is too professional to make any comment on Ranbir’s co-stars, her calm demeanour has a way of signalling that she’s secure in her new-found success. The actress is in a cushy place with a new set of friends like Ayan Mukerji and Vicky Singh, who are common to both Ranbir and her. “I knew Ayan would make a good film when he gave his first narration to Ranbir,” she says. Is she in Vicky’s new film with Ranbir, as is suggested by the trade? “It’s a bit premature to talk about that project,” she says. “Vicky is still undecided on what he wants.

Source: apakistannews.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

free counters